Thursday, May 29, 2014

The One That Got Away

It's funny that after 8 months of being with you, I got over you so easily. After the breakup, I cried once, picked myself up, told my friends they were right, spent more time with them, met different people. I became a happier person. I met someone who treats me better than you ever did. Seriously, he treats me like a princess even though I don't deserve it. We talk all day and all night. He actually cares and I love that about him. I sit here now realizing that the thing that was bringing me down, killing my emotions, and making me depressed wasn't my life, my lack of a family, and my insignificant problems; it was YOU. There was a reason why everything was pulling us apart from each other. There was a reason for the things my friends told me. And there was a reason why I never really trusted you.

Now, please don't read this thinking I'm a bitter ex girlfriend that is trying to make my ex jealous, because I'm not. I'm thankful we broke up, and thankful for this life experience. Because of the way you treated me, I finally realized I deserve so much better. I don't deserve to  wonder where you are everyday and who your with. I never deserved to be thought of as "second-best". I didn't want it or you after all.

All I wanted was someone to be there for me, whisper sweet nothings to me when I'm down, make sure I never feel sad, cuddle with me when I'm lonely, ditch everything and everyone for me when I really need it. That wasn't you, as much as I wanted it to be. You were immature. You didn't care. You don't think about the future. He's the opposite and I love that about him too. Now you want me back, don't you? Because your whore left you for someone else? Like you did to me? Well, It sucks to be you right now because I'm not yours and never will be again.

Yours truly,
The One That Got Away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Open Panel

Blogroll