Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Hate/Love You

Sally darted through the school hallways as fast as she could to get to her locker. She was out of breath as she reached it, and fumbled with the lock on it when suddenly a figure appeared at the locker next to her. "Avoiding someone?", said Ben as he leaned against his locker watching her carefully. She let out a sigh of relief as she saw her friend and said, "Fuck you."
"Hey, what'd I do?", he said looking astonishingly at her. "Nothing. I'm sorry you just scared me", she whispered as she pulled her Algebra book out of her locker. "Oh. So let me guess... Jason?", he raised an eyebrow at her as he waited for her reply. She put the lock back on and stood still saying nothing. "Sally, if he's bothering you just stand up for yourself. I don't think running around and avoiding him will help." She looked up at him with a frown and said, "Ben, please, I have to go. I'm sorry". She gave him a quick hug and fled the scene before he could say anything to her.

Running through hallways was never a good idea for a clumsy person. She stumbled as she moved through the crowd of students who were now trying to get to their lockers. It seemed like she was the only one in a hurry, and she was. She was in so much of a hurry that she didn't notice the person in front of her and ran right into them. The unsuspecting person was knocked onto the ground and Sally fell right on top of them, her head hitting their chest. As she was picking herself up and apologizing profusely as the person moaned in pain, the person said something and she looked down.
"Sally?", said Jason as he looked up at her. God, please no, Sally thought as she quickly picked up her book and tried to get up and run away from the person she had been avoiding. He held her arms gently to keep her from leaving as he uttered, "Listen, we need to talk."
"Jason, no. Please let me go", she begged as she struggled against his grip. Still holding her arms, he sat up and made her sit up beside him. "Sally, listen to me please. I'm begging you right now", he whispered. She looked down at the floor while preparing to listen to him reluctantly. "Sally, I have been nothing but mean to you since day one of highschool, and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to take it that far."
"But you did. You hurt me, okay? And I don't want to talk to you ever again", she yelled as tears collected in her eyes. "I know and I really am sorry. I don't deserve to be forgiven, I know that too. It was wrong of me to embarrass you in front of everyone like that. I was joking and I didn't mean it", he said softly to calm her down.
"You wrote 'Loser' on my forehead, Jason. Is that really what you think of me? You're a shit friend", she yelled even louder and tears started rushing down her face. He put a finger under her chin and lifted her eyes to his. "Please, don't cry. Of course I don't think that way of you. Just let me explain myself", he whispered as his eyes became wet, "Do you want to know why I tease you so much? Why I embarrass you constantly until your face turns bright red?". She wiped away her tears and watched him silently as she waited for an answer to all these questions. "It's because I love you, Sally. I always have and always will. I like to joke around with you to see you blush. I tease you because I don't know how else to show how much I care", he slowly pronounced each word as he looked into her eyes, "But I found a new way to express it". And before she could say something, he held her face in his hands and kissed her with a passion that took her breath away. She moved her hands up his back to wrap them around his neck, and she whispered, "I love you too, Jason. It wouldn't have hurt so much if I didn't."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Open Panel

Blogroll